Applied Biophysics: A Molecular Approach for Physical Scientists
Format: PDF / Kindle (mobi) / ePub
This book presents the fundamentals of molecular biophysics, and highlights the connection between molecules and biological phenomena, making it an important text across a variety of science disciplines.
The topics covered in the book include:
- Phase transitions that occur in biosystems (protein crystallisation, globule-coil transition etc)
- Liquid crystallinity as an example of the delicate range of partially ordered phases found with biological molecules
- How molecules move and propel themselves at the cellular level
- The general features of self-assembly with examples from proteins
- The phase behaviour of DNA
The physical toolbox presented within this text will form a basis for students to enter into a wide range of pure and applied bioengineering fields in medical, food and pharmaceutical areas.